View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 08:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimreynolds00 View Post
I am currently in the 12 week waiting period after a fibrin glue injection by Dr Kathuria at JH in Baltimore on March 8, 2012. All I can say is that the pain has been no better than before procedure so far ( 7 weeks out) and at times worse. Pain levels of anywhere from 2-3 latin flat in my side, to 8-9 after sitting or standing for any period of time. The nerve pain seems tonhave increased, and it feels like someone is trying to rip my tailbone apart. I keep eating "wait until 12 wks up and in meantime take Lortab or Tramadol." Unfortunately narcotics make me sick and I have 4 kids and a wonderful hubby this is affecting. Does anyone have any ALTERNATIVE pain management techniques they have found successful?
Hi Kim from another Kim!

I take Oxycontin and Oxycodone for the breakthru pain and 800mg IBU 3 times a day. Sometimes the only thing that helps my pain are the Lidocane patches....the narcotics make me sleepy, but the patches seem to numb the area and make the pain go away. You leave them on for 5 or 6 hrs at a time. I usually put them on the crease on my butt with them touching the tailbone when I have that pain that feels like someone is stabbing me there and that tends to help a lot. They don't work for everyone, but you should at least give them a try.

Hope that helps!
-K
kaparker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote