View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Blessings, I feel much the same way, have to keep kicking myself to snap out of it....that feeling of "worthless". I was an athlete as a youngster, a ballet dancer (that's an athlete).
I was so good at running on my toes that they had me do it at half-time at a league basketball game. One year later, when I came down with my neuro ailment (MS, porphyria, or both, probably both), I couldn't even rise one time on my toe shoes, which I tried to do when invited to practice together with another girl at college. What a change in the year from 16 to 17. I was not diagnosed until decades later. Perhaps I never told a doctor my experience with the toe shoes, as I had other more pressing symptoms to talk about.

Yes, I will even now have a bad day after a day in which I am physically active, which is VERY frustrating, as I am now able to be more active since my feet are not hurting as much. I also have to avoid the 12-14 UV sun we are having now. So it's hard to go out all covered up, which doesn't even completely work in this level of UV, unprecedented they say.

I don't want to sit in front of the computer all day, but I find I am doing it more. I have given up on the political scene on TV so that is mostly dark. I can't run my radio, which my husband bought before his death 3 l/2 years ago. It would take a more patient person than my son to get me used to the technicalities.

The big thrill (and I'm not kidding) of my day is when I look out through my tinted windows and a wild rabbit is eating grass in my yard. Those little guys (not so little, some) raise my spirits! I think of them as angels sending me love messages, although they probably don't know that's what they are. My husband loved the rabbits too.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
restorativepose (06-01-2012)