View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Wink Nice to meet you!!

Amoinete,

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Happy to see you have come to be with us. Here are a great number of dear friends to listen when you are in need of ears. Please let us know how we can help you out. You will find out we are supportive and relaxing place.

You have came the right place for some assistance with epilepsy. I myself have had epilepsy since I was 10 years old. I too when going through a seizure I was unable to talk, seems I could form the words but unable to form my mouth to speak.

On beginning a new medicine it takes a while to get into your blood stream. I was on Dilantin while I was a child, but was unable to control my seizures because I could not take enough. Although one medicine which someone may not help another.

Here are some suggestions I have for you. My advice to you is to see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) and go to an Epilepsy Center which are usually found at University Hospitals or Big hospitals. Often a person may vomit when having a seizure and it's all part of the seizure. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day to help calm the nerves and this may help reduce your seizures. Afford being around bright flashing lights like in a theater. If you are watching a movie there closes your eyes to avoid the flashing.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Darlene

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil -- it has no point.
Darlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote