View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 05:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Amoinete,

Welcome to the forum! Darlene gave you some great news about seeing an Epileptologist, taking vitamin B12, and going to an Epilepsy Center.
The type of seizure you are discribing sounds like a simple partial seizure also known as an aura seizure. This has happened to me many times over the yrs. and I learned that the moment that the weird feeling begins you should tighten up all the muscles in your body and make your hands into tight fists, if you do this in time it will stop the seizures. My neuro. taught me this back in the early 1970's.
The reason why your dog jumped on your bed is because the dog could sense you were having a seizure. Dogs can smell a chemical the human body gives off that we can't smell before a seizure happens and then the dog will come near the person and if they are a seizure alert dog (dogs trained to protect people with seizures) they will either bark, or put their paw on a person before the seizure will happen.
You will get a lot of help and support her from everyone. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote