View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 09:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Know the feeling....

I can feel the pain Cathi...I am now almost 1 week post op and I was discharged the day after my surgery. I thought it was too soon also. (and I live in the US). One of the nurses thought it might be too soon also because I was in more pain that some others due to my graft being taken from my neck, not my hip. So not only was the front of my neck hurting, the back was too. I had to hurry to wean off the Morphine in order to go home. They practically took me off it right away so I would go home. (not that I liked the Morphine anyway but it was the only thing to get rid of the post op pain).
So I am now dealing with the swallowing, which is getting a little better. I am eating only soft foods. The NS has me in a soft collar. I have Percocet for every 6 hours. I called the office yesterday to see if I can get the muscle relaxer that I was on in the hospital. I have yet to hear back from them. (their service is all automated...gesh!). The positive is that I don't notice any numbness/tingling like I did before the surgery. Sleeping is getting a little better. I just have to find that one comfortable position. Luckily I have been able to sleep in my bed. I use a wedge pillow. I have slowly been doing a little housework, no lifting....just to keep busy. I hate not doing anything. I am a nurse and used to being busy. I won't have a job to go back to when all is said and done because I hadn't been at my job for a year and couldn't get FMLA. Showering has been difficult. Washing my hair, the worst. But I have managed.
I feel for all of you who are dealing with this. Hopefully you have a speedy recovery...
cally671 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-06-2012)