View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Like most everyone here, my endurance is practically nil...I'm more of a sprinter . But it seems as if everything that my son is interested in involves a field waaaaay out in the middle of nowhere, and having to climb a couple of berms to get to it. So the hardest part for me is just in arriving....the heart is willing, but the flesh is weak.

I also have brief pangs of wanting to be able to run, chase, rough-house with my son....we've modified most of those to suit us, but I agree that it's not the same.

I also agree wholeheartedly with the comments about kids really just wanting our presence/time. If you talk to kids today, whether their parents are AB or otherwise, they'll tell you the same thing themselves. They just want us to be there.....accessible.....approachable. Those are the things that they'll always remember and value.

This is a good topic, Pamster. Thank you to everyone for sharing your stories...it's healing to share these things.