View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 12:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk Spontaneous CSF Leak

I am new to this forum and looking for solutions. I was diagnosed in Jan 12 w CSF leak. Have been hospitalized 4 times w 4 blood patches & have had numerous tests to locate leak(s) & determine next steps. Currently on extended med leave as can not sit up for long periods of time w out head feeling empty, build up of pressure & fluid leaks from my nose. I am trying to learn if anyone has come across self help measures that have worked for them? I am eating better, taking calcium & fish oil & will start a water aerobics class next week. I have read that yoga strengthens your inner core which is your spinal cord. I don't think I am quite ready for that so will see how water aerobics works to perhaps stimulate the production of CSF. My neurosurgeon here characterizes this condition as very frustrating for the patient as well as the doctor trying to treat them. He tells me it will be a long slow recovery. I am just trying to stay out of the hospital. In addition to self help strategies I would be interested to learn if there are any other medical treatments beside blood patches and infusions that have worked or anything new happening. I look forward to hearing your responses. Thank you.
*denise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote