View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
the first thing you need to do is find a new doctor, but i think you know that already.
did you get a copy of the test results? there should be some information on there that could be used to ascertain contact information.
I already requested for another doctor, but I am still waiting for the approval from my insurance as this will already be my 4th neurologist.

I tried calling the Cutaneous Nerve Laboratory of John Hopkins to inquire, but they were asking for a reference number from my doctor. The more I read in this forum how important it is to know the exact nerve densities and other hints on my nerves that could help in the diagnosis, the more I am frustrated dealing with the uncooperativeness of my doctor's clinic. Though, my written report from John Hopkins states : "The epidermal nerve fiber density and appearance are within normal". The word appearance gives me some consolation that this may mean that my nerves do not have swelling or branching. I am not sure, though. I am just trying to console myself with this positive thought when I feel so uncertain and anxious.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote