View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 01:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiopathic PN View Post
I already requested for another doctor, but I am still waiting for the approval from my insurance as this will already be my 4th neurologist.

I tried calling the Cutaneous Nerve Laboratory of John Hopkins to inquire, but they were asking for a reference number from my doctor. The more I read in this forum how important it is to know the exact nerve densities and other hints on my nerves that could help in the diagnosis, the more I am frustrated dealing with the uncooperativeness of my doctor's clinic. Though, my written report from John Hopkins states : "The epidermal nerve fiber density and appearance are within normal". The word appearance gives me some consolation that this may mean that my nerves do not have swelling or branching. I am not sure, though. I am just trying to console myself with this positive thought when I feel so uncertain and anxious.

It may be that the lab only needs your Johns Hopkins Clinic number...as the reference number. Everything at JH is filed under the individual's clinic number. You should have this on any clinic note, lab, etc.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Idiopathic PN (06-06-2012), mrsD (06-01-2012)