View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 07:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'd really appreciate some help, questions concerning distorted smell I'm having

Hi everyone. I had a concussion on january first( last new years). The doctor said there was bleedig and bruising to the brain. I didnt have salty insurance so I was laying in bed or 3 days trying to rest my injury off until I just couldn't take anymore of the headaches an went to the ER. I got a CT scan and was prescribe some steroid medication. A month later I went back to the nuerologist to get another CT scan and it told the doctors that the bleeding had stoped. Weeks after that out of no where my smell and taste became distorted. Now it June( 5 months after the accident,4 months since my smells been distorted). I really would appreciate some advice about this situation. I'd like to get past this injury an move on but if my sence of smell and Taste is going stay like this it's going to be much harder. I really really née it back to feel like a normal person again. I read somewhere that I should get a CR SCAN and have a doctor check for inflammation aoud the olfactory nerve( which I think is responsible or the sence of smell). I just got a MRI with contrast( I paid 700 for it because I don't have insurance). The doctor said thy everything looks okay. I want to go in and ask him about my sence of smell and ask him if he sees inflammation that could be responsible for my distorted smell. Would he be able to answer these questions? Hat such I ask him. Everytime I breath on through my nose I smell something that not there, instead of fresh air it's this other smell I can't describe. I also read this" *a neurologist to determine whether your fall caused brain damage in one or more of the areas where taste and smell are processed". Why do I feel that Im not getting any serious help from doctors? Please, please, please, what can I do about this? I've been taking vitamin b everyday so I'm helping it'll help. What else should I do? Please someone advice me. Thanks in advance
fkd5322 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote