View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you SO much Annie I really hate to complain but sometimes the compaint is not a complaint but the truth so I appreciate you encouraging words.

My Neuro set up an appointment with me for this Tuesday just to discuss what I have found out regarding my new coverage, what they found out and go over my options (I've been blessed with one of the GREATEST Neurologists IMHO) He told me on my last visit that while he will not agree to lose money with a new plan I enroll in (in all honestly who would do that?) he would not profit either, he will cut all costs involved in my care if he had to in order to continue my IVIG treatments. (That was when I thought my best option would be to go with Medicare Advantage Policy who told me I would have to pay around $2500 for EACH IVIG treatment! I later was told by Scrubbs that a Medicare Advantage is NOT the best option for MGers on Medicare. (THANKS SCRUBBS )

I'm going to talk about all of this with my Neuro. Especially about the possibilities of continuing my infusions at home. You never know what can be done unless you ask the questions to find out!

If that doesn't work out then I'm going to find out if some type of transportation is provided to the infusion location if needed. Especially in the winter. Who knows with Medicare... they may expect me to crawl there...lol

We shall see
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote