Thread: Aging And MS,
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 07:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Another old fart to another.........I'm only 2/3(?) years behind you......and wonder how that happened??? It seems like once a month or so I think it may be time to consider an assisted living place since I live alone, like you Sally. Seems as though my ms has advanced quite a bit these past five years so that I can no longer move my legs. Spending all the time in my "chair" is really a challenge, especially knowing there's nobody coming home later in the day.

I've not been able to use my bed for a couple years, so sleep in my lift recliner. Of course I have to "waterproof" the thing first with "piddle pads", another story, other pads, blanket, etc. Thank goodness the thing can go up and down since my legs become really sore staying in one position. It definitely would be easier with someone here to help most of the time.

Some days moving doesn't sound like such a bad idea, especially on "10" pain days, but in reality, I don't want to leave my home. Being a Christian, I'm praying for the rapture to happen soon so I won't have to face that decision. This disease sucks no matter what our age!

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (06-02-2012), Kitty (06-02-2012), SallyC (06-02-2012)