Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I just went to their website again... The Neuropathy Support formula:

They have changed their ingredients...the labels now read:
R-lipoic stablized instead of ALA.

I had a breakdown on the forums somewhere about their pricing claims...now I can't find it.

Suffice it to say, 5mg methylB12 oral costs around $4.00 a month from Puritan's Pride. (a brand I tested out as effective with blood tests, when it was newly offered.).-- not $13.34 as appears on that site.

Vit D3 5,000 IU daily -- at Puritan's 100 caps at about $4.00 or
4 cents a cap. Depending on their sales at the time you order.

I would say the herbs are useless...ignore those. Tiny amounts and not detailed as to size of each listed either. This is a common trick to look good... many supplements do this to impress potential customers.

Benfotiamine by Doctor's Best (a high quality company) at Amazon is $13.80/120...so at a day (600mg), a month's supply would be $13.80 and not $50 as claimed.

I suspect the R-lipoic was changed on the site, but its dose was not.
300mg a day of that is rather too much IMO. Its price on the list also reflects the old ALA... so I have to wonder if the labeling is correct or if the R form is even in the product. Not a good thing.

I am not going to do any further, because this illustrates enough how the website is deceptive.

So the bottom line is: If you have the money and think or know your PN is vitamin deficiency driven, you can decide whether you want to try it. But don't expect big improvements... as you may see some or none at all. (depending on whether you need this formula). 4 capsules a day puts you at 300mg of r-lipoic acid based on this label, and this may be too much for some people. Diabetics should montior blood glucose. Long term use of high dose lipoic acid may reduce the absorption of Biotin, and over time this may become apparent with side effects. Studies are still ongoing with this interaction.
And take it on an empty stomach for best absorption.

And ask for testing at your doctor's office since you are going there soon.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 06-02-2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: adding lipoic acid comment
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nervous (06-02-2012)