View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

You indicated that this friend is a "he". I've found that men tend to approach illness/sickness/being handicapped differently than women do.

Men tend to want to fix things. Nevermind about all the "feelings" and "supportiveness"......they just want to fix it, be done with it, and move on.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing. It's just how most of the men I've known are.

They're programmed differently than we are. Women want to explore all sides of a situation. Emotional, physical, intellectual........men just want to fix it and move on.

This can be hard when all you really want is for someone to be there for you regardless of whether they can fix it or not.

So while your friend came off as sort of uncaring and clinical I think he was probably just doing what most men do best......trying to give you a solution.

I know what you mean, though, so here's a hug .
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-02-2012), aussiemom (06-04-2012), barb02 (06-02-2012), restorativepose (06-02-2012), SallyC (06-02-2012)