View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Anxiety disability claim, and, psychiatrist. Help!

Hello! I have applied for disability for just a few months while I have chemotherapy for breast cancer. While i was having chemo., the dr. and nurses noticed i was having anxiety attacks because of needles and digging for veins. I have had anxiety attacks for a long time but I noticed them only when I was in the military. I cannot claim disability for military because there is no medical record for it. Anyway, soon near the end of chemotherapy (I am done, Yay!) I got a call telling me that i was to go see a dr. for anxiety. I went to see the dr. and he was so very nice and smiley and calming. I soon noticed that he asked me leading questions. Like an idiot, because i couldn't remember a lot of stuff, I went along with it. For instance, he asked how long they lasted and I told him I never timed them. He started giving me times. He pushed for 10 minutes. I took it. What was dumb was that I had an anxiety attack that morning before I got to his office and while I was there. So the anxiety attack lasted over an hour. I later timed it again and it was over 2 hours. I decided to write a letter to him explaining answers because the ones I gave were incomplete. Now I am having anxiety because I read this forum and saw where someone got denied because she lied. I live with my mom and she is a work horse. I take care of her but she has been taking care of me during chemotherapy. So when I first started, I took care of her, now she takes care of me and that looks like a lie.
I am so confused as to his questions and my answers because everything has changed it was like I was lying. I feel so bad, even if I don't expect disability for anxiety because I didn't even put in for it, I am crying as i am typing this.
At one point, he asked a question, and I know I answered it for a normal person and he said, "You answered that right." When I wrote about him, I said he was calming and good things. But as I am home and thinking so much, I realized that maybe they do get paid to get us to mess up so we don't get the disability. I wouldn't mind if i didn't get disability for anxiety, as long as it was for the truth. I have not lied. So am very worried that I will not even get disability for at least chemotherapy time. Several times he gave me funny disappointed looks when I answered his questions. Did I mess up?
I cannot figure out why the disability people deny and deny, a person with a disability, until one has to get an attorney. Why does a poor person with a disability have to pay a person who has so much money already. That's wrong. So disability money goes to well to do people. Doesn't seem right. they take a big chunk from what i understand. So then a poor disabled person is still poor and disabled. Still behind on bills.
I am sorry, I don't know how to tag.
hfernandez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-03-2012)