View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlorainne View Post
"It seems that Dr. Thompson wants to throw the kitchen sink at you by decompressing all three potential areas of TOS compression:
  1. Scalene triangle (scalenectomy)
  2. Costoclavicular space (rib resection)
  3. Subcoracoid space (pec minor tenotomy)

What is the evidence that you have all three areas of compression and why are all three procedures necessary? "

I definately have all three areas of compression. Confirmed by others; not just Dr. T. Maybe he does do a one size fits all but from his success rate maybe one size fits most. Im not loving the idea of a surgical option. However several of my family members have had major surgeries to fix areas that cause massive pain. They have all said that it is 100% worth it.

I want to let everyone know that I appreciate all the feedback on here. I need these questions. Thanks

Jess
Hi Jess,
Did he say he wanted to do all three on you or is it that he just does all of those depending on the diagnosis.Thats what Dr. Ahn does after his Angiogram he can tell where the compression is.

How do you know you have all three areas of compression? I still dont know where my compression is and my scalene block was positive. Have you spoken with him since your scalene block and your visit with the pt? did you have the MAC test or how can you tell your pec minor is involved?

Sorry for so many questions , but it is important to understand everything before you commit to the surgery, also I am curious for myself.
Does he do all of these surgerys together? If he does then he is one of the only ones that does this.

ps sorry I just scrolled down and saw marc was asking some of the same questions.

Last edited by Jomar; 07-03-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: req by member
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (06-02-2012)