Thread: spine issues
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 03:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the replies. Well I personally dropped off the MRI nine days ago and left two messages for my Neuro to call me or to schedule an appt. I got a call saying the MD had the results..(really) and will call me. So I cant really tell you at this point what the plan is.

I do get daily headaches. They vary in degree, intensity, location etc. I cant tell if it's from the injury, my neck or both. I know I do get pain and tendersness in my neck and upper back. It feels weak, like a muscle strain. Sometimes it spasms and I cant lay flat on my back. I'm hoping if they address the back then maybe the haedaches will improve. I have lost some cognitive functioning but again not as bad as some of the others here.

I had a frontal right headed injury. My left side of my body get weak. My left eye droops. I lost my upper pherphial vision in my left eye. I had "mood" issues and can get wrapped up or hung up on stupid repetitive thoughts. Thats getting better.

Of course there is the never ending fatigue. The mental and physical fatigue. The stress of dealing, the worry of the unknown. Dealing with the MD's, Attorney's, medications, etc... etc... etc..

I am sensitive to falling and my head is easily jarred. I fell on my bottom and ended up suffering for days. Worse cognitive functioning, not knowing the day of the week, etc. My husband and my best friend noticed my decline. We put two and two together.

I'm learning to slow down and try and listen to my body. I have gained weight so I told my MD if the ONLY thing I do is walk first thing in the AM then that's what I'm doing. I cant run, play, jog, jump, ride my quad, volleyball, tennis etc. I'm now coloring, crafting, planting, bird watching, photography, couponing etc. It's finding replacements for the things we used to enjoy.

I'm in the process of getting to apply for SSDI. I am looking to move somewhere I can afford to live on such little money. Living in CT is hard enough as it is and add into little money and It causes alot of concern. I'm more focused on how to live with all the changes and trying to mourn the person I was. I'm still smiling. I'm grateful for life. I do get down and angry but I try not to let that emotion have too much time I have living to do.

I will update when I speak with the MD and let you know what they say. Maybe we can learn how more about this and help each other out...

My best to you.
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote