Thread: PCS - 3 months
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 04:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esully View Post
Hi all. I was in a car accident on February 26, 2012. I got a concussion from the whiplash - even though I wasn't symptomatic until a few days later.

My GP referred me to a neurologist, who put me on midodrine to raise my already low BP. He also said I could have as much caffeine as I wanted. It seemed to help for a while, but then it just started giving me tension headaches. Now I'm off the midodrine and am not drinking any more caffeine. I'm not so sure I trust my neurologist, but am not sure who else I would see.

I'm at 3months out and while I tried to work part time for a while, I didn't really feel like I was healing quickly enough, so I'm back out until the end of the month.

I'm doing a little bit of light yoga in the morning and taking walks at night - being very careful not to overdo it and they both seem to be helping.

Any tips from anyone who has recovered from PCS? I feel like I'm progressing, but I'm getting impatient as I'm getting more and more removed from my normal life. How long did it take?
As many here will tell you, caffeine is not recommended when you have a TBI. Neurologists without a lot of experience with TBI seem to think it's no big deal, and you'll be better soon. While that might be the case for many people, it is not for all. And it seems like a bad idea to stimulate your brain with caffeine when it is trying to recover from an injury. You want less stimulation, not more.

Can't offer more on a time frame. The adage around here (courtesy of Mark) is, "Once you've seen one brain injury, you've seen one brain injury." Good luck recovering. Keep resting and taking it easy.
wakey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote