Thread: Burning Muscles
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

AnnaMarie, With all of your symptoms, plus the elevated ESR, CRP, CCP and CPK, I think it's time for you to find a better rheumy! If you combine that with the fact that you're an African American woman, I would highly suspect a rheumatology condition(s).

I volunteered at the lupus foundation here for 10 years. What I know of lupus and other related diseases is that they come in all variations and they don't simply "scream" at you but can be insidious. And they can take awhile to come on but then can suddenly get worse.

Do any of your joints hurt or are they swollen or red? Have you done a symptom log? What's your temp like on a regular basis? Have you checked your blood pressure?

Have you checked with the national or a local lupus foundation to find a good rheumatologist? I'm really surprised they didn't do more, especially with you having a positive CCP. Why didn't they even do a scan to check for degenerative changes or arthritis? And, if I might ask, how old are you?

You may not have MG but if I can help, let me know. The lupus board here is slow but there are others out there. I'm not saying you have lupus but it sure sounds like an inflammatory disorder of some kind.

Do you ever get a rash when exposed to the sun?

The bottom line is that something is going on and you need diagnosis and treatment. If it is an inflammatory disorder, they can be VERY destructive if not treated early. I hope you get someone to take even "slight" elevations seriously. It doesn't take much to cause damage.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnaMarie (06-02-2012)