View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 06:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
I don't know about an Emergency Room, but seeing a doctor might be a good idea.

Doc
Hopefully, you have a primary physician who knows you and will believe you. It's amazing how many doctors think if you get tired enough, you will go to sleep. NOT!!!!! Been there. I went for several years with only getting 2-3 hours sleep within a 24 hour period.......on a good day and that was in bits and pieces. I ended up on a psych unit with sleep deprivation related auditory halucinations. That junk they kept giving me at ever increasing dosages made me worse. In the midst of that fog, it finally hit me that it began when I was put on an anti depressant as part of a pain cocktail. As the problem got worse, the med was increased. Then another was added. Nobody made the connection and the psychiatrist certainly wouldn't go there. I have a paradoxical response to so many meds that I am surprised it didn't dawn on me sooner. I checked myself out of the hospital, went straight to my primary doc and discussed my theory and he applogized for not considering it. I tapered off the anti-ds with no problem and was sleeping normally within two weeks. That's been 7 years ago and now any sleep interferance that I experience is due to pain and I crash when the pain flare is over.

There are all sorts of possible explanations for this. Don't be surprised if your doc wants to have a sleep study done. It's no big deal. Best wishes.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote