View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy RE: Swollen gum and cheek (by Pamster)

Hi, Pam.

I realize this is quite some time later...but I was just looking "Gum and cheek infection" on Google and found this thread.
I too, have been suffering from a knot in my cheek that comes and goes. I also now have two "bubbles" in the top of my gum line...as if the infection in my cheek has run out of room and is pushing down into the soft tissue of my gums. I had asked my neurosurgeon (who treats me for bilateral Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia (ATN), bilateral Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN), & Occipital Neuralgia (ON)), and he was going to refer me to an oral surgeon. That was in May 2011. I have called MANY times for my referral and have YET to be given my appointment. It has been over a year now since I asked for that referral. Since at least November 2010, I have had this issue. When the knot does appear, it is extremely painful to the touch, difficult to eat, etc. Sometimes I even feel as if I may have a low grade fever during these "attacks".
I have had my teeth xrayed on three different occasions and was told each time that there was no abscess or dental issues...that it must all be stemming from my cheek area.
I am scared that the infection may have actually set into my Trigeminal Nerve already...which could wreak havok on my health and even eventually reach my brain.
I am beyond upset that it hasn't been taken very seriously. I have been put on antibiotics 3-4 times now...to no avail.

Did you ever find out what was causing your issues, and why?

Thanks,

Mindy

MLU103169 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote