Thread: PCS - 3 months
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

esully,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your struggles.

It sounds like you have been making some good choices. You were ahead of the neuro with stopping the med and caffeine. If you struggle with dizziness when getting up, try taking it in two steps. Move to a position to stand up like leaning forward in a the chair or such. Then, with your feet almost under you, take the next move to stand up. Making getting up two steps gives your brain a bit more time to control intracranial blood pressure.

Have you tried any nutritional supplements to help your recovery? Many of us have a supplement regiment of B-12 (500 to 1000 mcgs daily), a B-50 complex, a good potency multi-vitamin, D3, Omega's, Magnesium, calcium, and all of the anti-oxidants. Good protein helps with essential amino acids (pork is a good source)

Avoid alcohol, caffeine, MSG, artificial sweeteners (aspartame, Equal, Nutrasweet is the worst), and high sugar content foods, especially high fructose corn syrup.

And as you mentioned, keep up with the quiet rest.

If you are going to be involved with litigation, you need to be careful to find an attorney with good knowledge of concussion/mTBI/subtle brain injury. If you need help getting a referral, post what area you live in and I'll research your area.

As wakey said, there is no way to prognose a time line for recovery. The spontaneous recoveries usually happen in the first 6 weeks. The rest tend to be slower recoveries that may have a roller coaster ride of ups and downs.

So, try to keep stress low and get plenty of quiet rest. And, let us know how you are doing.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote