View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Memory loss in early 20's could it be from multipile concussions?

Hi there,
So I'm in my early 20's. I was a competitive athlete, I played soccer from the time I was 4.5 until last summer. I have suffered numerous mild concussions (over 6) in over about 10 years or less. 2 resulted on loss of conciousnessI have no memories of my child hood or teen years really all I remeber is a foggy. My last concussion occured during a college soccer practice while doing a drill that involved heading the ball. After about the second time I got a shooting pain up the back of my head and wrapping around, I also felt very dizzy and lost my balance. I went to see my trainer who made me sit out. I took 2 concussion test (the ones online) I don't remeber what they were called and failed them both times (invalid score).

My CT scans came out fine and my neurologist informed me that I could have post-concussion syndrome. I was told that I can not play any contact sport ever and he recomended that I not even run due to the shaking it causes. Since then my memory loss has become dramatically worse. I can ask somebody the time and they tell me then a few second later ask them again because I forgot the time. I forget to turn my car off and take the keys out. When filling out paper work it take me 10+ seconds to write my name or address I just sit there looking at the paper confused. I know my name and where I li ve but when I get asked it I don't get it? I forget to pick my siblings up from activites even when they remind me 20 minutes before. I do not remeber anything I learn in school. I forget it a few minutes later to even a few days. I often don't remeber to eat and usually don't feel too hungry, my mother and boyfriend have to remind me to eat and ask me all the time what I ate that day (often I do not remeber).

I am worried that this will continue to worsen and that I may forget more important things like whether I work or at what time, how to drive, people in my life. I am very worried that this will worsen and that by the time I'm 30 I won't have a memory at all. I have also become more snappy andd violent, I would never hurt anyone but I find myself slapping people screaming over nothing, pushing. I'm not one to reais my voice to people or my hand. But recently that's all I have been doing. I can't take noise the second something is too loud my head/ears start to throb and I get even moodier. I don't know what to do about this and I do not have insurance to go back to a doctor. Please any advice will help me.
Jaystar89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
easeinbeing (10-15-2013)