View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Please be patient..........

and give yourself time to heal. I KNOW you are tired of hearing that. Your body is wise so listen to it. When it says to rest and sleep, do so. Eventually you will find the perfect position for your situation and should use it until your body says "stop". I think you said you have a soft collar. Get a second or even third so you can wash them daily by hand and let them dry. It takes quite a while for them to dry. They get pretty funky smelling fast, particularly durring the hot months. I had a bi-level cervical disc/lam with donor bone in 1986. I had to have a revision, twice, in 1995 and have been stable ever since. Of course there have been a few arthritic changes over the years but nothing that some moist heat and a good muscle rub won't cure. I am thrilled with the results. Sorry you were sent home so soon. While I hate being in the hospital and being exposed to heaven knows what, I am not a big fan of "drive by surgery". The ins. people are as responsible for this as anyone. Once you are down to basic nuring care, you are out the door. Best wishes and be kind to that body.

Last edited by Spiney95; 06-03-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-06-2012)