Thread: Back spasms
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Back spasms

A week of ups and downs. After a couple weeks of PT in office and pool therapy the spasms lessened and I was able to move without stabbing pain. I felt so grateful for some relief. At PT Wed. They had me use the pilates machine. The stretch felt so good.
Come Wed night the spasms in my back had lessened But I started having stabbing pains in my left calf. I thought maybe it was due to the new stretches so I iced, used the spa and tried to let my leg relax and heal. Night is an attack of severe pain in my calf. Any movement causes pain. Nothing is helping. I am limping around and any pressure on my left leg is excruciating. Went to urgent care since my PM Dr is out of town. X- Rays show extensive arthritis and bone spurs. Dr put me on prednisone. I hope it helps.

The Scs continues to take care of my abdominal pain and this relief is a true blessing.
When I saw the Boston Scientific rep 2 weeks ago he set up a program for my lower back, I didn't' know I could have a program for my abdomen and back. I am thankful for the flexibility the SCS has.

Thanks for giving me space to vent. My husband has been so supportive the last 6 years I hate to complain to him. I know he wants to help but I know he gets tired of having a wife in pain. I don't want pain to become my identity but lately it seems to have taken over. Hopefully I can get away from this pity party that surrounds me.

Sandy
Sandy Kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ananimity (06-04-2012), ger715 (06-03-2012), Mark56 (06-03-2012), Rrae (06-08-2012), Sophie_ (06-03-2012)