View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default hello hfernndez

I want to first welcome you to Neruo Talk. You will find alot of compassion here, and some help. don't hesitate to go to the disability forum to present some of your questions regarding disabiltiy claims. the whole system contrary to what others believe, I believe is fully out of wack. They make it so hard and confusing to apply. That is one thing that led me to find a representative for my case. He saw it through the four years it took for me to qualify. I am a poor disabled person on disability and loosing my home now because of this system.. I do know how it feels not to know which direction or what answer to give. You did your best at the time the questions were presented to you. with Anxiety, nobody really knows how long attacks stick around. They varry with the circumstances that bring it on. I know I had one in the disablity office when I was peppered with questions I didn't know how to answer, and I was treated like a common criminal. That after working my whole life, was not something I expected our Government to do to people. My parents did not think that way either. Find good rep. to help you get your benefits. The forum for that issue may be able to direct you to someone in your neck of the woods.
Also about needles. I have the same phobia. I don't have veins left either, and they wind up digging around, which as you know hurts. They now have dopplar, a machine that can look through the skin, to find the veins that arn't apparant to the eyes or to touch. Request it, if your find yourself in that position again. They can do much to relieve our stress at these tests and proceedures that they don't do unless you demand it. To place pick lines and such, there are ways to reduce pain, fright and discomfort. I even told one blood vampire who woke me up at 3 a.m. when I just got to sleep in pain, to leave and come back at a reasonable hour. Demand better treatment, and have someone help you with disabiltiy. Nobody who is sick should be put through all the garbage that is thrown at us. Be your own best advocate, and know that someone cares about you, and understands some of what you have gone through. come back here to talk, and for peace of mind. You will make some friends too as I have. I came here two years ago and still RUN back her for support when I need it. I do wish you all the best, and hope you can go forward with some better help. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote