Thread: PCS - 3 months
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The Buffalo Protocol has been discussed here many times. Its value is for developing a tolerance for exercise and physical stress. It has shown no value for the cognitive issues.

ImPACT testing and the other CCT's (Computerized Concussion Tests) are of limited value. They are helpful at getting a player removed from play but do not accurately predict the brain's healing and tolerance for another concussion as in when to return to play. I would never use CCT's in a litigation situation.

As an attorney, you will get benefit from reading the information at www.subtlebraininjury.com and www.tbilaw.com Attorney Gordon Johnson has collected the best concussion information I have seen online.

Depending on your cluster of symptoms, a NeuroPsych Assessment is usually the best diagnostic. There has been use of qEEG for diagnosing head injury issues. The qEEG has been able to pass the Daubert and Frye standards but finding a qualified qEEG examiner is difficult.

What are your most severe symptoms, especially those that cause you to not return to work?

btw, You should probably add the B-12 tablet to your regimen. Most multi's and B-complexes are too weak in B-12. Plus, many do not absorb B-12 adequately.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (06-13-2012)