View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

You know, everyone here just takes care of each other. So you stumbled onto a great forum with lots of info and caring! No matter what people are going through, they all lend a hand. When you have MG, support is invaluable, especially by those who "get it."

A thought came to me last year. How could scientists or doctors know what the MG antibody attack is doing in all of the 640 skeletal muscles unless they biopsied every single last inch of them? Can they really say that antibodies are attacking us everywhere all of the time? I don't have an answer to how that all happens either.

But I do know that some antibodies circulate and some are tissue bound. And do antibodies have a "life/death" cycle? If they do, what can we do to facilitate that death? Is it indeed by keeping our immune systems nutrient rich and "happy?"

Lupus, for example, is such a horrible disease. No one can predict what body system will be attacked or when by inflammation. MG is the same. I'll bet just about every autoimmune disease is like that, like MS, arthritis, etc.

I have a couple areas of my body that have been damaged by injury. When I get a fever, which hasn't been for years, they ache more than other areas of my body. So you have to wonder if any AI's or cancer or inflammation or infection tend to attack more "vulnerable" areas. Like how heat makes muscles in those with MG more vulnerable.

I hope you'll feel at home here. It helps so much to have others with MG to turn to.

AnnaMarie, I don't think it matters. It might be more important to get doctors to figure out why it's happening first and get the appropriate treatment.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (06-04-2012)