Thread: PCS - 3 months
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Again, thank you all for the information. I'm doing my best to make this as speedy of a recovery as possible. I'll check out the B-12 supplements. I've seen a couple places that people recommend taking over the standard "recommended" amount of fish oil. Is there substance to that?

I'm drinking massive amounts of water, have a sleep mask, and am working toward a regular sleep schedule. For a while, I was sleeping when my body wanted me to sleep, and then staying awake after eating when I quit drinking caffeine was difficult. I'm almost there.

The MRI showed a clear bruise on my brain -- I'm trying to pull my records so I can figure out exactly where. Both doctors haven't really seemed to want to tell me where it was. At first, I had a lot of difficulty - slurred speech, blurred vision, difficulty concentrating, bad short term memory, and an exercise intolerance. As I got better, I noticed I was incredibly sensitive to light and sound.

I've gotten a lot better about the concentrating and the memory - even the exercise intolerance. It's prolonged concentration, like the kind I have to do for work which seems to set me back. Too much exercise also sets me back. I'm still sensitive to light and sound, and get overwhelmed easily if there's a lot of activity. I concentrate much better in the dark. I get pretty bad tension headaches after concentrating or exercising for any extended period. Like all my other symptoms, these seem to be slooooowly waning.

If I don't do my yoga in the morning (its very light - foundational), I have a much worse day than if I had done it. I really think the walks at night are helping as well.

My neck is still a little bit stiff - and I've been doing some exercises the neurologist gave me which seem to be helping, but I'm wondering if there is someone else I can see about this. It all seems to be inter-related. I don't tend to trust chiropractors, but maybe physical therapy?

Thank you for the litigation information. I'm in Indianapolis, and I'll likely end up signing with Bruce Kehoe of Wilson Kehoe and Winningham. He's pretty much the brain and spine guy around here, but if you have any other suggestions, I'm willing to look into it.

Thank you all again for responses. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but I know it requires me to take care of myself and to continue to take care of myself when I'm healed. Any suggestions on transitioning back to my active, busy, normal life are appreciated.
esully is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote