View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STW1023 View Post
I was diagnosed with Pagett Schroeder's syndrome 4 years ago, and proceeded with the rib resection. I was hoping someone who has been through this could have some advice for me. My pain post-op has always been a constant, not terrible, but still there. recently, in the past month or so, it has gotten consistently worse. It's been a mix of sharp pain & numbness going down my arm. Any ideas? I haven't been able to find much information on patients long term recovery with this sort of thing.
Was your procedure transaxillary or supraclavicular? It sounds like you have some neurogenic symptoms now as a result of the surgery (perhaps scarring/adhesions). Have you been to physical therapy? Nerve mobilization/gliding/flossing have helped my arm pain & numbness. Also, icing from my clavicle to my underarm has been beneficial as well.

However, I'm only 6 weeks post-op from left rib resection (transaxillary) and 1 week from the right (hardly long-term post-op). My case is both neurogenic and vascular.

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote