View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 06:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Getting back to "normal" with a PCS friend. Help!

My friend/co-worker Owen was recently in a car accident. Luckily, the car accident was minor, but he hit his head and suffered a concussion.

He went to the doctor and had scans. He has PCS, but has very isolated symptoms. He is suffering from dizziness, but mostly: memory loss. I've seen him once since the accident, and while he physically seems okay, and his personality is about the same, every now and then he blanked on major and minor things (everything from the name of one of his closest friends, to what he had for lunch). We would be having a regular conversation, than all of a sudden he forgets something.

I've been trying to learn and research as much as possible.

While I understand every case is different, I would appreciate any advice. I don't know how to approach the situation-- as he seems the same as always, until you start conversing.

Based on what i've read, this seems like a mix of retrograde and antegrade amnesia. Is this possible?

But, my biggest question is: how long will it be before he can go back to work, or hang out with all of his friends "regularly"? I don't want to overwhelm him.
giselle459 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote