View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I agree with you that it's very healing to share our stories like this, HoosierMama. I wish I could talk with my son better, it's so hard to communicate sometimes because he's autistic, yet he is doing much better even so it's really hard to know if he really gets what his daddy and I say to him sometimes. MOST of the time I think he does, so it's really just a matter of him being able to communicate back to us.

I wish it was easier for him, but we accept that it's going to get better with time, I am just glad to know he's reading finally! That is a huge achievement and I know he is reading sight words because his teacher tells us so and that she thinks he's ready to move up to the next level acedemically. That was so encouraging to hear.

Just had to share that. We saw her at walmart this weekend and she was tickled pink Jackie got to meet her four year old son and they interacted a bit, he gave my son a tootsie roll and Jackie thanked him. It was so sweet. It was wonderful that we got to see her and talk to her like that about his progress.
Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote