View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 01:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiedee View Post
I've been on 3x Sinemet 25/100 for 18 months and 1/2 mg Azilect for a few months. I had very little dyskinesia until recently but I've had a really stressful time as I split up with my boyfriend and the dyskinesia has really kicked in. I've just been on a 2 day yoga retreat and it's been terrible, my left shoulder wouldn't stay still, even though it was a really relaxing time. I have cut a quarter of my sinemt off in the last 2 days so I'm taking three quarters instead on one each time but it hasn't made much difference. I know my neuro would suggest me starting on agonists as I am only 45 but I haven't met anyone on agonists who doesn't have side effects that I believe to be unacceptable. I read somewhere about melatonin helping with dyskinesia, has anyone tried that? I had a cranio sacral treatment last week and that calmed me down for a day - I think my nervous system is really jangled. Any advice on what I could do?

Trixidee
Trixiedee,
Sorry, can't help with the melatonin question however I'm wondering if you were to take the same amt of Sinemet in a 24 hr span only using a pillcutter (for accuracy) split the dosage up even more so for example you have maybe 75 mg to start the day and once it's back in your system and you get going for the day maybe try 50 or even 25mg for the next and subsequent doses for the rest of the day and hopefully avoid or reduce dyskinesia.
You make a good point regarding agonists, I agree.
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote