View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default symptoms returning after 2 years HELP

I was hit by a drunk driver 2 years ago in July. I have healed up better than I even expected to but now 2 years later symptoms are returning.

I am getting headaches almost every day now and I am getting lightheaded..hard to explain, not really dizzy - kind of floaty?? If that makes any sense to anyone. Also i am having trouble with sentences again, nothing like a year ago but i am mixing up words - saying things in the wrong order. i am getting lost in places that I have been 100 times - having major problems with directions and finding things.

I have been under a lot of stress, I'm having sleep issues (that is not new), when I go up stairs that look like of off i don't know how to explain the stair thing like they blend together, like a haunted house???? My boyfriend is long distance and we are fighting so I'm upset a lot. My depression is back with a vengeance.

I don't have insurance so i can't see my neuro doc anymore. i was able to get accepted to a sliding scale (charity) medical clinic and I have an appointment today. It's a great place but most of the doc and NPs are volunteer so you never know who you are going to see and I don't know how educated they will be on head injuries.

Anyway, I guess I am asking if anyone else had symptoms return after 2 years. Is it from being way too overwhelmed with my life? Too much stress and pressure?? I don't think being upset all the time is helping either.

Thanks for any help

Andi
andi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote