View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you very much!! But still confused

[QUOTE=mrsD;884710]I answered you on your other thread:

The skin punch biopsies are only a snapshot in time of your
nerve densities. And you don't know what you were before the test and before the PN symptoms, to compare to. This test does not show what is attacking the nerve endings.

Glenntaj is our experienced poster on this topic. Here is a link to some of his threads:

You could also have some damage in the dorsal root ganglia along the spine. Only a special MRI will show this

:
Hello and thank you!!
I have visited and read all of the threads you sent. Thank gooodness for alll theses people sharing their knowledge!! What confuses me is that the neuro I saw only did the skin punch biopsy on my top of foot and ankle when almost all info I have read is that there should be 3 sites. Also, when this burning skin pain began it started in my arm then went to my upper back, eventually spreading to stomack skin, throat, neck face and even buttoks. The Last place tob hit is my feet. The skin in all areas that burn have become loose, dry and wrrinkly. I pinch the skin on my arms which is at times the worsts for burning an the skin stays pinched. With the burning pain starting in this order(instead of feet burning first) most med sites indicate non length dependant sfn. How do they categorically deny connection between these parts of my body without doing the third site biopsy (only top of foot showed SFN. He has rx'd methotrexate and folic acid. I am aware that some drs have made notes in my file siting "psychogenic" reasons for my pain so I am very thankful this dr even agreed to see me and test me at all. (Hopefully even partial dx of sfn helps to clear me of "nutbar" title. I don't see him again for 3 months. CAn anyone help me as in what to say (about having 3rd site done to see if it is non-length dependant SFN? I don't want to come across as a know it all when he is surely the best in our area. I am very anxious when it comes to talking to drs due to them thinking it's in my head. Some have even gotten angry with me for asking questions - includng this doc when I said I was confused that it showed SFN only in my foot. ANY suggestions on how to broach this would be immensley apppreciated!!
titanrules is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote