View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 05:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs down

They certainly could be. Hearing histories like Kynzer's make me more and more convinced that my sz history is connected to my delivery, rather than the hydro. It amazes me how so many of you (or your kids) have endured so much more from hydro than I have, but there hasn't been any convincing sz activity. I could write my whole hydro history on a 3x5 card, and yet, I had my first sz as a baby. Knowing that I had a complicated delivery with high forceps says to me that the hydro may have always been there, but the szs were likely brought on by what Mom has called the "mangling" of my body out of the birth canal. (Sorry for the imagery. )

I apologize for getting so off-track, but yes, I would have thought seizure right away, particularly with the limb shaking. Also, any sounds at all? Does he moan? Any drooling? What happens if you ask him what he remembers of it? I had simple partial seizures for 25 years before we knew what they were. EEGs can lie, too. I actually don't put much faith in them. I have had completely normal 24-hour EEGs and had six grand mals in 2 years. I also have had abnormal readings and gone years without any grand mal activity, even though there was evidence--allegedly--of significant spiking during the strobe phase. I have never had a video EEG, but I think they, along with lengthy monitoring (24-48 hours), particularly in the face of known triggers, are the way to go to get the most accurate reading possible.

I wish I could help more. Please let us know how it goes with the neuro.

LIZARD
LIZARD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote