View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I´m supposed to be in remission why is it still spreading?

(Thank you for encouraging questions and sharing your experiences in my last post, Annie )

I´ve understood we don´t know everything yet but have also realized this place is the closest I´ve been to getting any answers at all. I´m impressed with the wealth of knowledge, experience and clarity of expression that all comes together in this Forum !!! So I will pluck up courage and ask just one more question for the time being.

For want of a better measuring system I almost want to´borrow´decibel units as a measure of intensity in myasthenic weakness...3 stages have occurred in recent years.....
(I wrote about my experiences on the´sticky´section if time to read)

1. A four year period of myasthenic weakness in limbs starting at 5 units slowly escalating to 100 units
2. A five day period with sudden freefall down to almost 0 units one year ago (no MG medication)
3. Recent three month period of 20 units (myasthenic activity is down to a whisper but still quietly affecting new areas)

Question:
Would a simplistic and hypothetical answer be that antibodies (either circulating/tissue bound) are latent/not activated like they were before and are still in the body?
(No SFEMG taken and all other tests normal)
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote