View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 12:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Should i stop weight lifting from my PCS? General questions also.

It's 1 year and 2 months since the two concussions i sustained 3 weeks apart. The past couple months I have been slowly getting back into my exercise routine because my headaches are gone and my anxiety and depression levels are much better. I started off doing calisthenic muscle workouts (pushups, pullups, situps) and felt great doing them. i upped the intensity for about a month and felt great. Since i am a life long weight lifter I decided trying to get back into weight lifting. I have gone twice this week and haven't felt bad, but definitely not the way I used to feel. After my workouts and towards the middle and end of them I start to feel "foggy" and stuff. No headaches, just foggy and "not there". I dont feel this way when I do the calisthenics. Is this a sign that weight lifting may never be a good option for me anymore?

Also, I am reading on websites that if symptoms dont improve after a year, they are mos tlikely permanent. IS this true My symptoms have absolutely gotten "better" but can occasionally linger around. Any thoughts?
penguinsfan7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote