View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt22 View Post
I have experienced the same thing and it is very worrying to me. I recovered from my concussion and brain injury and was great for about a month doing things a college kid does. I went to the gym and lifted everyday as well. Just 2 weeks ago the foggyness all came back to me and there is nothing more frustrating. I'm resting up and not going to the gym for awhile. Have you found anything to make it better?
I have somewhat found things that keep me occupied physically. Weight lifting is just not a good idea when recovering from a brain injury I have learned. i am like you, i have been weight lifting for years and it is so depressing that everytime I leave the gym now I am foggy. My happiest moments in my life were when i was weight lifting a lot. The best thing i can tell yuo to do since you love muscle exercising is calisthenics. I started doing them and surprisingly I do not get foggy from them. My neurologist says that weightlifting increases pressure inside the skull so it is not good for a healing brain. I go to the local park and do pullups and do creative exercises using the jungle gym there. believe it or not, it works!. I was sore for so many days after working out there. Give it a try and see what happens!
penguinsfan7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (06-04-2012)