View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 02:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Topamax is what has worked best for me. Before that, I was on amitriptyline (Elavil) for headache prevention.

If you have migraine-like headaches, you might also be able to get Imitrex to take when a headache comes on. The downside to that is that you can only get a limited number per month and it causes rebound headaches.

A "natural" option for migraine prevention is taking daily: 400 mg riboflavin (B2), 500 mg magnesium, and butterbur (max dose of whatever brand you get -- it's 75 mg 3x/day for the brand I have). That one can take up to a month to take effect, though.

Some other options for when you actually have a headache are to ice your head and neck while simultaneously immersing your feet in hot water (really hot, as hot as you can stand).

You can also try trigger point massage and/or acupressure. If you google acupressure for headaches or acupressure for migraines, it will show you the typical spots to try.

Hope you are able to get some relief soon. I know the headaches are SO miserable.

Was experiencing:
Persistent headaches, fatigue, slowed cognitive functions, depression
Symptoms exacerbated by being in a crowd, watching TV, driving, other miscellaneous stress & sensory overload
Sciatica/piriformis syndrome with numbness & loss of reflex

Largely recovered after participating in Nedley Depression Recovery Program March 2012:

Eowyn Rides Again: My Journey Back from Concussion

Eowyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Scott in Fenton (06-04-2012)