View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 04:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi claritan,

Spontaneous recovery from PCS is actually quite common and I experienced it myself the first time I had PCS. One theory I read was that the blood perfusion in the brain can correct itself resulting in very fast relief from symptoms in some cases. But of course it is highly dependant on the type of injury to begin with

PCS is very tricky in that it can make you feel normal again, but underneath it all the brain is still fragile and vulnerable. So if you feel normal you probably aren't yet. Many people including myself felt completely normal until a night out or going for a jog, just to see everything return with full force. Feeling normal is actually a critical phase in your recovery as you take down your gards and expose yourself for a relapse. I learned it the hard way, trust me.

Just be careful and remember to gradually build up tolerance to alcohol, exercise, staying up late and so on as to avoid relapses. I would avoid the alcohol though as it makes you do many things that can bring back the PCS, it makes you careless.

Congratulations with feeling better

-GlassHead
GlassHead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (06-04-2012), mollymum (06-08-2012)