View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 04:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Fenton View Post
I don't know, I guess....I get them every day, some days worse than others. They started after my concussion and have never gone away. Light exposure can cause them or make them worse, as can certain kinds of sound exposure (cacophony for example).
I had an ongoing headache that started shortly after I sustained the concussion I'm still recovering from (22 months later) and it got worse and worse over the course of the first six months to the point that I was in severe pain and could hardly move or speak for several of those months. The intensity of the pain of the headache varied over the course of the day, but it was one solid, ongoing headache.

The neurologist figured out it was caused by a somewhat rare complication called increased intracranial pressure that was causing it. It turns out that many of the other symptoms I was suffering from was caused by the same

Make sure that your neurologist knows if you have an ongoing headache instead of several separate ones and any other pain or information that you might be experiencing because it *might* be related.

My severe headaches were relieved with a spinal tap - the procedure relieved the increase in intracranial pressure - it was like a miracle for me!!

It's a rare complication, but I only mention it because it is a possibility and I wasn't even aware that it could happen until she suspected it was what was going on with me.

Much luck!

p.s. I hated Topomax too.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote