View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 05:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Saw Dr. Jordan today

I saw Dr. Jordan today and we looked at my c-spine mri again which shows bone spurs and the disc bulge pushing into a nerve and narrowing the foramina.

He is now recommending a transforaminal nerve block with steroids and stimulate the nerve as a diagnostic to see if it reproduces the pain. This will help decide if the disc is causing any of my shoulder and scalpular pain. If it does reproduce the symptoms then he will do pulsed radiofrequency to help with the pain for 6 months. Even though we dont think the pain is coming from the disc,I guess its worth doing if it will help rule it out.

I feel better about doing this one then I did about doing the BP nerve block as my shoulder pain is worse than my arm pain. I may feel better about doing the BP one later if this one isnt so bad. Hopefully it will tell me once and for all if the disc is responsible for any of the pain. All the surgeons want to rule this out first too. He didnt mention the facet block this time,but I think he was responding more to what he saw on the MRI.

I went ahead and asked them for a pre auth since this will take a few weeks to get anyway and it will give me some time to think about when /if I want to do it. Dr. J says he does them all the time and I have to trust that he is one of the best at doing these.

I told him I was going to try the neural prolotherapy that Dr.Aufiero recommends but he doesnt think it will do anything since i didnt respond to the trigger pt's but it is so much less invasive than any of these other injections and insurance will pay for the first one so I dont really see the downside.

He also gave me the name of an innovative pt that he recommends closer to me: Li-der Chan and a Chiro- Joe Horrigan. Anybody heard of these? I havent reseached either of them yet but that is next on my list.
He respects dr. Ando and says he is go to guy in Orange County. Its too bad he didnt give me those names earlier, because I am going to stick with Ando for awhile but for long term I will need to find treatment closer to me.Plus my pt visits have run out. I am in the midst of trying to ask for more but my insurance almost never approves it.

Everytime I see him there is so much to talk about and even though he spends almost an hour with me I always have more questions. ITs $200 everytime I go.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote