View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 05:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Happy for you

Hi
I read quickly your post and i understood you are wondering if having MG or not. I suppose that if Mestinonworks for you , since it's a drug used only to treat MG, then you have very probably MG.
This happened to me too even if i don't have yet a diagnosis of MG too.
Good luck

Cristina
Quote:
Originally Posted by limpy View Post
I thought it was my imagination yesterday, but today I am sure of it.
My eyes were actually open all the way when it kicked in! I had gotten so used to them being so hard to keep open and lifting my head to look out that I didn't realize it at first. But I went and looked in the mirror, and yep, they were open.
My endurance for ordinary tasks is better, such as climbing a couple of steps, walking around Walmart, etc. But, when it wears off, I can tell right away. The first thing to go is the lower lip. It starts hanging a little and shows my lower teeth and when I try to stop that it gets wiggly. Then the eyes start drooping again. I also start feeling really weak and shaky.
I guess my next question is: Does this mean that I for sure have MG? Or does any other disease respond to Mestinon? I never thought I would "want" to have a serious disease!!!
Not really. Just want to know how to treat it. Have already been dealing with it for a long time.
hospital_pharmacist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote