View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try to give more details, in case it helps anyone relate to what they know about their own headaches.

I never had problems with headaches before this concussion. I have had PCS for almost 6 months now, with the headaches being one of the main major symptoms. Light sensitivity is the other really big one, along with sound sensitivity. I have no stamina for doing anything, especially if it's multi tasking; something as simple as fixing pancakes and bacon for my family this weekend wore me out, caused headaches in my forehead, made me light headed and dizzy, and made my head feel feverish (I get clammy and the cold chills a lot when I do anything physical).

My headaches occur mostly in my forehead, though I have had pains right on top of my head before, on both temples, and sometimes just a generalized pain all over my head. The last one is usually the easiest to cure, both Depakote and Topomax seem to ease the overall headache, but cannot prevent or relieve any other headache pains. Some days I wake up with a headache waiting for me; most I do not, but I get one pretty quickly. The amount of light I'm exposed to or the amount of physical activity I attempt seem to determine how quickly and how bad I get a headache. Time spent on the computer will also cause a headache, especially if I try to play a video game.

I have recently tried the combo of Tylenol and Aspirin, taken at the same time, and it seems to work half the time, maybe relieving the headache pains for a couple hours. Its' better than nothing, but it's not a solution. I have had an MRI and a CT on my head, both came back negative. My headaches have never gotten worse than they were when the whole thing began; no symptom has, they have just not gotten any better. In fact, some of my symptoms got worse after taking Topomax (hence, my insistence on changing meds).

Again this is a Work Comp Dr. and a Work Comp situation so I'm kinda stuck with him for now, and I know the meds he's trying are decent meds but they are the old school, really cheap ones and there are probably better meds that might cost more. I just want to know what I'm talking about when we sit down tomorrow and talk about the meds; I'd like to have some names to throw at him and see what he says. I already think I'll throw Imitrex at him. Thanks!!!!!
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-05-2012)