View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Lee

Actually, I've tried therapy, and even meds-- it helped while I was a teenager because anxiety on top of moving a lot (mom had a stalker) led to a depression that I couldn't get out of by myself, but as for continued therapy, I'm kind of broke LOL. I just deal with the high levels of anxiety now pretty much but I'll definitely keep that in the back of my mind as something to seek again if I get to a point where I can't handle it anymore. As for now I think I'd only really be able to get to that if it really screws up my physical health again or my emotional health becomes unspeakably bad. I couldn't even BELIEVE it when the reason for it all actually boiled down to stress. I thought my doc was nuts lol.

But I definitely get what you mean about loosening the binds if you can't get rid of them. I'd recommend therapy to anyone as well. I wish I'd have done it sooner, I've got a couple years of my life that are just a complete blur that I really wish I'd have had the courage to face earlier on, if I'd have just reached out earlier.

I took Effexor, by the way, which didn't help much with my anxiety either even at higher doses, hence the art/internet/television thing to focus on instead. One thing I have learned from all this though is that when you hit rock bottom there's nowhere to go but up. And it always will get better. Even if your tunnel is really long.

Thanks again, I hope you feel better. God bless you back.
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (07-01-2012)