View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default One Year Anniversary

I am sorry to hear about your struggles. It sounds like you do better when you are not stressed about your situation. Very difficult!

I am approaching my five month anniversary. I am better, but not well.

I get stressed and grouchy when I am tired and/or try to do more than one thing at a time. I have to remind myself daily that my brain is injured and the vertebrae in my neck got misaligned and had to be snapped back into place by a chiropractor. Some days I am thankful just being alive (my accident occurred when I was the passenger in a car that hit a tree going 35 mph).

I am on anti-depressants for depression (pre-PCS) so it takes a lot to get me stressed. The medication helps, but my depression is worse. Now that is depressing! I have decided that I need a nap every day to function and I just need to take it easy the rest of the time. It is hard not to push myself, but that is what I have to do.

I went to a fundraiser last night for cancer research/treatment. I tried to find the humor in the situation with my friend that has bone cancer. She is about 30 % recovered from her surgery, and I am about 70 % recovered. Together we make one person!

Don't know if this message helps. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone!
lattesrus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (06-05-2012)