View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glixen View Post
Hello, I am new here

For the past 2 years I have been suffering from an intense, constant head pain called Hemicrania continua. I also suffer from Cluster Headaches. For some reason I have not responded to the usual medications for this affliction, so I was put on Lyrica some time back. I took 600mg/day for about a year. I have since been switched to a different medication which works better. However, even though I weaned my Lyrica down very slowly over several months and though I've been off the med for nearly 3 months now, I still suffer some withdrawal effects. Currently, I am dealing with extreme excessive sweating (to the point where just walking up stairs makes me sweat). I am in good physical shape and never had this problem until withdrawal. Secondly, I have had horrible, very dark depression since coming off Lyrica. I've even been put on an antidepressant and tried to do as much exercise as my pain will allow in an effort to lift my mood. This hasn't helped, either.

I'd like to know, if anyone can help me, how long this withdrawal will last or how others' experiences compare to mine. I'm feeling at the end of my tether and am seriously considering going back on Lyrica so I can at least feel normal (well, normal for me ) again. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
I am on Lyrica and yes withdrawl is a real problem. I was out for four days and boy oh boy the low energy wanting to lay down feeling depressed and the hot and cold sweats. I lost 3 days sleep due to hot and cold sweats. I am back on it and feel alright (for me) there nust be a better way to try to reduce this med. saftly.
Frankrosbottom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote