View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My MD wanted me on Gilena but when I said "didnt that stuff just give several skin cancer, and didnt one just die after getting PML after jumping from TY to G?

He told me that ALL drugs will have side effects and some will make you feel horrible or bring on another disease that was unintended, but we need to control the "silent damage" that is occurring with this disease, and he would rather see me have a melanoma removed than to see me suffer blindness and being crippled by this disease. With careful skin monitoring and other check ups they can avoid most of the fall out that happens on these meds. Like LFTs every 3-6 months.

I dunno, im scared by trading one disease for another. I survived breast cancer, and skin cancers run in my family. PML scares the wits out of me, and while yes, I am having relapses off my meds I feel so much better. am I kidding myself? hmm...probably, but I hear rumors that an amazing drug is going to be released in the very near future. Its just coming out of clinical trials soon and headed to FDA approval. I will try to get the stats and come back.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (07-06-2012), Willow1111 (07-05-2012)