View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default thank you for your replies on my "memory loss"

Thank you for your replies. I am not currently enrolled in school last August I suffered my more recent recorded concussion by November I had to withdraw from school. I was no longer able to stay focused during lectures during test I would sit there and try to remember how to do things or formulas and just drew a blank, I would forget homework assignments, to bring them in. (Just so you know I love school and I am eager to complete my degree, I'm not just a "bad student") I honestly just couldn't remeber. But anyway I plan to return in the fall. I Do work. And my Mother is my biggest support she work as a unit secretary with medical training in the neurological unit at a kessler rehab center. Because of that she is very worried about me and my condition. Other than her there really isn't anyone. Noone else understands fully.

Also, I will look into my schools sports insurance and talk to my trainer to see if they will still cover medical needs. I don't know if they will. They gave me trouble about initially covering it. I will also look into multiple impact syndrome. I also do believe I have trouble recalling memories more so than I don't remember them.
Mark in Idaho I thank you for your advice at the moment I can not quit driving I have had no problems with it. I no longer drive with music or radio on and do not answer my phone at all this help with my concentration. And you are correct I have too much on my plate for my condition. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia and OCD. I take on too much and get very frustrated with all of it. I have a very high stress level that I have yet figured out how to lower. I constantly think and worry about everything my mind never really stops turning. Which makes sense as to why it is hard for me to focus on memories. I never "take a break". I have started putting important dates and meetings into my phone so it alerts me. I also have a planner that I put everything into as well.
I have talked to my mother a few times about having a neuropsych assessment and she thinks I should as well. I'm very worried that come fall I will again be unable to finish school due to this.
Jaystar89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote